Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Review: Chanel Le Vernis Nail Colour - May 535














Posted on June 4, 2014 at 8:21 PM EST

Recently I began purchasing Chanel Beauty Products. I've admired them for quite a while and decided I should have them in my collection. I love having painted nails but because my skin is so light (white, pale, whichever you prefer) it is hard to find colors that look good on me.

So, after looking at all the colors that Chanel has to offer I decided to start with three. Rose Cache, Tutti Frutti, and the color I will be reviewing today, May.

When my polishes came via UPS I was ectatic and couldn't wait to wear one. The problem was I didn't know which color to wear first so I did the only thing I knew to do. I closed my eyes and picked one. May happened to be the color I chose.

After applying the first coat I wasn't sure if I liked the color with my skin. It seemed pretty thin on the nail so I knew I would be applying a second coat. I noticed that the first coat was taking quite a while to dry. It took much longer than polishes from other brands that I've used before that were also much cheaper. Once it finally dried I applied the second coat, waited for it to dry then grabbed my iPhone 5 to start taking photos.

I still wasn't sure if I loved the color on me. Sure it was pretty and I liked it but I didn't love it. Not like I thought I would anyway. Then after only one day I noticed it was already starting to chip off. This did not sit well with me. While Chanel nail polish is one of the cheaper Chanel products it is much more expensive than what you'll find in any store such as CVS or Walmart.

After three days I noticed chipping on every single finger. Not just little chips here and there but so much so that I'd either need to touch them up or just completely remove it from my nails. Finally on the fifth day I decided to just remove it. So I grabbed my cheap Dollar General Nail Polish remover and sat down to take off the color. I was shocked at how easily and quickly I did all ten nails. I have never had a polish come off that way in my life.

Would I re-purchase this color?
Probably not. It is a gorgeous pink that's perfect for Summer but it's not for me. It would probably look better on anyone with a tan and it irritated me how quickly it started chipping. I also noticed that nasty nail polish odor days after having it on my nails. It's one thing to smell it while it's being applied but I don't want to smell it days later.

All in all Chanel May is gorgeous but I was disappointed with it for many reasons. I'm sure I could find the same color in a cheaper brand that would last longer.



Subscribe to Our Blog Updates!




Share this article!
Return to top of page
Powered By Blogger | Design by Genesis Awesome | Blogger Template by Lord HTML