Thursday, June 19, 2014

Wishlist Item: Louis Vuitton Speedy Bandouliere 30



















Posted on June 19, 2014 at 12:40 PM EST
I said in an earlier post that I didn't need another Speedy bag but you can't have too much of a good thing. I love my Classic Speedy 30 in Monogram. It was my first Louis Vuitton item after all and shortly after getting the bag I discovered the Bandouliere. I began to wonder should I have gotten this bag instead of the Classic Speedy? My answer is no.

I'm thankful to have my Classic Speedy 30 but sometimes I find it to be a bit of a pain.

As much as I love my Speedy 30 it doesn't give me many options of how I carry the bag. It is a top handle bag which gives me the option of carrying it in my hand or in the crook of my elbow. I have found that both of those options can hurt after a while especially if you have a lot of items in your bag. It's also an inconvenience while shopping. While it is a bottomless pit which I love I find that I'm carrying my purse in one hand and the other is full of shopping bags. With the Bandouliere I can still carry it by the handles or I can add the adjustable strap for a shoulder strap and/or crossbody option. Any girl (or guy) loves having a hands free option if/when they need it.

My next issue was the print. I knew from the start that I wanted my Classic Speedy in Monogram. I just loved the print too much not to have it but at the time I knew practically nothing about Vachetta leather. While patina is pretty I have found it to be too much work. I like a light patina but I know it's only going to get darker and I constantly have to worry about it getting wet. I don't want to have to worry every single time I take the bag somewhere. That is why I want the Speedy B in Damier Ebene.

Other than the Monogram Canvas, the Damier Ebene is my other favorite print that Louis Vuitton makes. It's the worry free canvas. It's a coated canvas that can get wet and nothing will ruin it. No water spots, nothing. To me, I only like a Classic Speedy in Monogram and the Bandouliere in Damier Ebene but that is just my personal opinion.

As for the size I thought about getting the 25. I'm sure that my items would fit inside but the small opening has me a little worried. Unlike the Classic Speedy, the Bandouliere has two zippers instead of just one which takes away a little bit of the opening of the bag. I also don't want to take the chance of not having enough room. What if there are times that you need that extra room for a sweater, a scarf, or some other item? The 30 is perfect for me. I can fit everything I need and then some and still have plenty of room left over.



Subscribe to Our Blog Updates!




Share this article!
Return to top of page
Powered By Blogger | Design by Genesis Awesome | Blogger Template by Lord HTML