Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Reveal - Chanel Card Holder

Posted on July 20, 2016 at 5:53 PM EST
I did not realize until this very moment that it has been over a year since I lasted posted anything. I cannot tell you how sorry I am about that but never fear I am back with a brand new reveal..

On Saturday I lived out another dream of mine. One that has been a couple of years in the making but I never took the plunge until now. I finally set foot in a Chanel boutique. I am not sure why but I've always been a little intimidated by Chanel. I'm not as educated about the brand as I am with Louis Vuitton but I'm slowly learning.

So I started putting back money back in March after my last trip to Louis Vuitton. My birthday was back in May and I wanted to buy myself a birthday present. I could have easily went to LV but I wanted to dip my toes into something else. That something else being Chanel. In my mind I knew what I wanted. In fact I had three items picked out that I would have been more than happy with. The Card Holder, The Snap Card Holder, and the Zip Coin Purse. I had my heart set on Caviar Chevron and had about seven different color options between all three. I knew how much each item cost. I figured out how much I'd need with tax and I started putting money back.

Going in I knew that it was possible that I could completely strike out. My Chanel boutique is quite small. Much smaller than my Louis Vuitton so I knew and was prepared that I could walk out empty handed. I showed my SA pictures that I had saved to my phone of items that I was interested in. I had no idea that the Chevron items I wanted were from a few seasons ago and that they didn't have them. I was disappointed because I have seen very recent photos on Instagram and TPF of people having just purchased these items. Melinda did show me what they did have in stock and while I liked the zip coin purses they had they just weren't what I wanted. As for the snap closure card holder they didn't have that at all. For card holders they had two styles. A classic lambskin in Navy with silver hardware and my reason for walking in. A classic caviar leather in Black with gold hardware. Caviar leather was the whole reason I fell in love with Chanel in the first place. The Chevron was just something I thought was beautiful but for my very first piece I had no problem with just Caviar.

Melinda was very patient with me as I was making my decisions. She knew this was my first piece and my first time there and treated me like a customer that had been going there for years. By the picture above you can tell which item I went with. I could have held out for something else but there was no guarantee that they'd ever get it. Had I been put on a wait list I know I still would have missed out because I don't live very close and I only get there a few times a year. I honestly couldn't be happier with my first Chanel purchase. It's a great starter item for anyone getting into the brand and can hold so much. I have a Louis Vuitton card holder in Epi leather Fuchsia which doesn't hold as much and is a bit smaller. Which do I prefer? Right now I'd say my Chanel but I did just get it. I'd probably always pick the one I just bought. Would I recommend it? Absolutely. It's small, the leather is so soft, it can hold quite a bit and it's just plain beautiful. Yes you'll pay more for the Chanel than the LV but you'll be happy regardless. I know I am.

My only disappointment was because my Chanel is so tiny we don't get the packaging. No shopping bag, flower, or tissue paper. I did manage to get my hands on a ribbon thanks to my LV SA Veronica who went over to see what packaging they had. Not only that but she went to the make up boutique and got me one of their bags with a bunch of samples which was so sweet. I will eventually get all of the packing when/if I am ever lucky enough to go to one of the bigger boutiques but for now it's time to start saving up for more items!

Check out my YouTube Channel
http://youtube.com/user/jen7xx

Follow me on Instagram
Username: jen7xx



Subscribe to Our Blog Updates!




Share this article!
Return to top of page
Powered By Blogger | Design by Genesis Awesome | Blogger Template by Lord HTML